Wednesday, April 15, 2009

From the mouths of babes...


Ok..so i really am alive... I know its been a while since I have updated. Life has been rather busy. Some of you know that I have been doing my student teaching home school style. My sister and bro-in-law have graciously opened up their home to me and allowed me to teach home school to their preschoolers.
Anyways- we start our school day with prayer and I had been talking to Levi (age 2.5) about how God like to hear more than just "Lord Jesus, he'p school, 'ganks for day, AMEN" I mean don't get me wrong- its a great prayer- but it was become rather canned being as he has prayed those same words for the last 3 months. So a couple of days ago he and I talked about that he could add something else to his prayer. He agreed and started to pray and it was all I could do to not laugh during the prayer. He prayed, "Lord Jesus, he'p school, else, 'ganks for day, Papa at work, else, else, else (long pause) AMEN!" He has proceeded to do that format ever since. :)
I was laughing about it after school today and got to thinking that he was only practicing a very Biblical concept. Romans 8- where it talks about the Spirit interceding for us when we know not what to pray... I had just never heard it from a 2 year old... :)

1 comment:

Emily Bray said...

What a blessed little nephew you have!!